Opening hours 2022
- Januar 4 – May 2: Tues-Friday 9 AM-3PM
- May 3-September 4: Tues-Sunday 11 AM-4PM
- September 5– December 16: Tues-Friday 9 AM-3 PM
Closed on public holidays, over Easter and Christmas.
Groups: Please get in touch for requests. We can arrange activities and experiences for you!
- Single ticket: NOK 115 (adult) / NOK 60 (child / student)
- Family Ticket: NOK 250
- Season ticket: NOK 150 (adult) / NOK 75 (child / student). Unlimited access, 10% discount on all events and free coffee.
- Groups of more than 15 persons: NOK 90 per person.
Address: Museumsvegen 36, 5778 Utne
Contact: (+47) 474 79 902 /email@example.com
Hardanger Folk Museum is situated in a beautiful location on a hilltop in Utne, with beautiful views of the fjord and mountains.
You get to Utne by following the rv 550 road, where you will find us at the end of ‘Sentrumsvegen’ road, past Joker grocery store and the ferry quay, on top of the hill.
GPS coordinates 60.4261 / 6.6186.
How to get here
- By car/bike: Along the fv 550 road from Jondal (36 km from Utne) and Odda (46 km from Utne).
You can also follow the rv 13 road, and take a ferry to Utne from both Kvanndal and Kinsarvik.
- Ferry timetables are available here.
- Car park. There is a car park outside the main building. If the car park is full, parking is also available in the centre of Utne.
- On foot/bike/public transport: You can take a bus to Utne. Only one service stops here, but it corresponds with a number of other services:
Line 980 between Jondal and Odda stops at Utne quay.
From Bergen, you can take line 930 to Jondal or Odda, and change to line 980 there, or line 925 to Kvanndal. You can also take line 925 if you are coming from Voss. This line corresponds with the ferry to Utne, and line 980 stops at Utne quay.
>>> Travel planner here
- Express boat: From May to September, there is an express boat between Eidfjord and Norheimsund, which stops at Utne. The timetable is available here.
- By boat: Use the GPS coordinates 60.4261/6.6186